Monday, October 26, 2009

minor injury

Yes, again I was injured after a quater marathon. Particulary from the same 'run' that caused injury to my right knee last year.
Again I was sounded, from my family, as usual.

It seems minor from 'surface' but I do not know what has caused the pain on left side of my left feet. The first-aider asked, "Did you fall or twisted?" I said, "No, suddenly pain." Then he continued, "Do you run regularly?" I answered, "Yes, I do." Then, he said, "Maybe is the shoe your wore not suitable. Also you are not used to run on tarred road." Then, he left and I kept quiet.

After that, I looked at my shoes, my shoes wear off one side particularly on the left side, and I remembered the road that I went through, some parts have pits, some have cement covered unevenly on the tarred road.

A few youngsters fell from the hilly areas, with wounded, bleeding knees. Some of them had muscle ache. They were treated in the first-aid camp.

The pain on my feet was treated by putting ice on it. Then the first-aider came and asked, "Does the swollen part hardened?" I answered, "Yes, it does feel harder than other parts of my feet."
Not knowing what it means, the ice treatment continued until my sister chase after me to go back to car and we went home.

I hardly walk at the usual speed, I walked much slower as I have to bear with the pain on the left side of my feet.

After I rested at home, bed-ridden for a few hours, then I woke up with a pain on my right knee. It felt like two bones joined at my knee were loosen and sometimes grinding each other. Felt like the kneecap has loosen.

Too bad, I do not have X-ray eyes, else I would have known what has happened under my skin.

The only thing logical to do is to rest. I have got messages from church's members saying, "Rest well and take care." Thanks for your concerns. I believed you all must have prayed for me, my knee is getting better, but my feet, I have no idea when will it recover. Hope it will heal soon, else I will have to bear with the pain while walking. Thank God my muscles doesn't give problem to me.

Our God is a God who heals, thank you God! :)

4 comments:

Kath said...

Yup, rest more and keep off your feet/legs as much as you can. Sit down watch tv, FB or blog. :D God bless.

Lai Tee @ Grace said...

Thanks Kath, I still have to go to work...dad's business can't avoid.
The good thing is I can blog & FB while working.. :)

Darren said...

I suspect (since u say got grinding feeling) that its a sign ur cartilege is worn. And when its worn its rough......hence u feel the grinding. Do take notice more.

Swelling also a sign of the affected area is having a problem. I do suggest u go for a scan too.

My appointment to view the results now postponed to next Jan. =(

Lai Tee @ Grace said...

Darren, Thanks.
I'll notice more...when it happen again
Thank God, my knees and feet are ok after I changed my shoes, wearing new shoes did helped in a way.

Next Jan, quite long...why ya? Hopefully everything is alright. :) Just wait, 1 month plus.

Search This Blog