Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fainted!?

"You think you are superwoman?", said the doctor in a jokingly manner.
That was after I had a cup of milo, a few minutes after I awoke from 'comma'.
Yes, I was fainted just after I felt dizzy when the nurse was trying to draw out blood from my arm, where I was holding a capped glass tube (to pump the blood).
Feeling dizzy, I told her, "I'm feeling dizzy...."
In a blink of an eye, I heard the sound of something or someone fell and everything went dark (black out!).
I don't know how long, but when I started to open my eyes the same nurse asked, "Can you hear my voice?"
I just nodded, don't have the energy to speak and my eyes closed again to gain more energy. I think that is the automatic reflects done by hypothalamus (a part of brain) or maybe the effector nerves?
I realized that I am the one who fell when I heard the sound of my own 'falling down', kind of weird though I really thought that it was another person.

According to my maid, I was carried by 3 or 4 persons to the ECG room for a rest, closed my eyes and let my self lying on the bed, sleep straight like a 'corpse'!

The group of people were chatting and laughing at what's happened to me. Even my maid laughed at me! (I think I would do the same too after all the worries, she told me she was worried at 1st and was thinking of calling home to ask for help)
Me too laughed at myself after I regain my energy (after eating a bun).

Well, it's my fault, I thought it's no big deal of drawing blood out for blood test even after hiking and was fasting (drank 1 liter of plain water)...I did felt hungry...starving actually.
But too bad, my body was really weak..as the nurses said, "She's hypo." I was thinking, "What does 'hypo' means?" One of them answered, "Your glucose level wasn't at the normal level, it's deficient." Then, I realized, "Hey, it makes sense! Hypo (hypotonic) means lots of water and not saturated while hyper (hypertonic) means saturated solution."

Just before I fainted, the nurse said, "Your blood pressure is normal, your heart beat is normal. Now I am going to draw blood from your arm, hold this tube tight." Then, the needle was injected to mu blood vessels, I could feel the blood was drawing out, but then suddenly I felt my arm numb and no energy, spontaneously felt dizzy and "Tum!" I there I lied on the floor, unconscious until I was awaken by the noises and helped to be seated. (this is when I nodded that I heard) Then, I was advised to take a rest, lying on the bed, closing my eyes, was shifted to another room. (this is where I took a cup of water, milo, and a piece of bun)

I remembered that I told someone that I haven't experience the feeling of fainted before this...but now I did!

2 comments:

Kath said...

Haha.. you ah.. thought you very healthy one.. Okay or not.. take good care of yourself ya. Eat eat and eat.

Lai Tee @ Grace said...

ya, been eating a lot since then. haha...

Search This Blog