Thursday, November 08, 2007

Ekiden Run 4th November 2007

Venue: Putrajaya
Ekiden in Japanese means passing a thing (messages) from one station to another...It meant a relay run in this event. A team of five...
This run is with the purpose, "Look to the East" also meant for Japan-Malaysia friendship.
The 1st Ekiden Run was in 1994 at Dataran Merdeka, K.L. (my dad joined)
This is the 2nd Ekiden Run in 2007 at Putrajaya. (wow, about 13 years apart!)
The sponsor promised that this event will repeat annually if this year's event in success.
The Japanese people (the previous champion came from far east to Malaysia to challenge us! and they managed to get 2nd place, this year's champion was the black man for men category)
One day before the actual event the sponsor showed us the past year event (some run until vomit, run as fast as possible)

I realized that nowadays, we didn't actually run for the winning purpose, especially my team (that's why we put our team name: Run For Fun) and yet, we made it to 1st runner up for women open category.

1st time at this age I managed to get 2nd position (proud, not just a medal but 2 medals and a trophy! so happy! :)) and it was fun and excited during the run...just because of my loose shoe lace, our team being defeated by the champion from an institute...(they looks like they have been training hard, since I'm the 3rd person to run, when it came to me my team was at the 2nd position already...too bad, quite tough for me to 'chase' after them)
We have to wear a sash (the one like wear on miss 'something') while running...only can take out at the changing zone. For my team it's red colour (women open category)
Get to know new friend, Michelle, my competitor, also women category (she said she's addicted to run, her team get 3rd position, great!)

It was FUN, but somehow I felt my right knee was in pain a few hours after the run...

2 comments:

Kath said...

Yay!! Congratulations!! Very 'Keng'. Go Lai Tee, go go! Can proudly put the awards somehwere adi. Next time I want to see too. But do take care of ur knee though.

Lai Tee @ Grace said...

thanks! you are always welcome to my house and see...hehe...my knee ok dy

Search This Blog