Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Hiking at Fraser's?

"I'm taking order for buying buns. What bun you want? Yam, redbean or pumpkin? How many?" she sms-ed. I replied, "2 redbean buns. Enough? Thanks!"



Then, I wonder, "Hmm, am I included or supposed to join my sis, and her friends to Fraser's? Weird, why my sis didn't tell me anything about it? Suddenly, received sms from her friend."



It's always like that...seldom communicate with my sis usually through her friends when talk about hiking...

Not actually Fraser's but is beside it, it's called Pine Hill because there is a pine tree at the entrance only. LOL...nowhere else but just the entrance...
The path is 5 hills! Ups and Downs continuous! WOW! I didn't actually count how many hills..but according to our guide, Tony Q, he said there are 5 hills, ups and downs, just like our life, people always say, "There's ups and downs in our life."

The path isn't very clear though and the ground isn't that hard...it's quite soft...I think it's better to step for 1 or 2 seconds..or else you will fall...I can't imagine how heavier people step on the ground...but luckily just some paths with soft ground...I think about 30%. Passed by a lot of tree trunks...and mud...and dry leaves...it's wet due to recent rainy days...there's one part almost 90 degrees down hill...we were like, "WOW!" Then, my sis started the 1st step because she's professional at going down hill...I'm just amateur, though I prefer going down to up...

Anyway, we managed and mission accomplished! Yeah! just took a few pictures...not much...nothing at the peak just a tree branches with empty 500 ml bottles "capping" above the branches...

Then, there's this old man, Uncle Tan, he's a herbalist! Then I asked, "What plant is this? Looks like a pine tree." He pointed and answered, "This is called 'Ayamas'. There are a few of this kind there." I thought, "Oh, got such name of plant? Weird!"

He took some pictures of the plants...nice one...using high-technology-digital -camera...proud of him though...wearing jeans to hike the hill! Amazing!

There's one part where we need to hold on the ropes to go up the peak. The ropes are on the left and right sides...about 70-80 degrees...which is quite steep...this is when the gloves are useful! There's another part where we passed by bushes...trees and plants...still, I wore the gloves most of the time except eating time...

leeches 'poke' my leg again..not fair! only me...not really, though another 2 girls also...LOL...some said, "Never mind, donate blood!" Another said, "Anyway, we 'stepped' on their habitats, so they should revenge!" SWT!

Raining halfway going down the hill and the mist started to appear...cool! I mean cooling...ran on some flat paths...it's nice to run in rain but...quite dangerous and slippery...have to be careful! Funny thing is when I was running, this girl behind me shouting as if I'm her daughter, "Lai Tee, don't run so fast!"
The more she shouted, the faster I ran...this is my stubborn characteristic... can't think of a right word to describe my characteristic...hmm...finished and reached the entrance again...all wet! and wet again, took off the raincoat...cleaned ourselves with clean water...proceed to a beautiful chalet of RHB bank's...took shower...and drink hot drink before leaving...nice! Didn't join the others for steamboat...instead went to eat dinner at a restaurant in Kuala Kubu Bharu...not bad, it's delicious, actually!

reached home almost 9 pm..a whole day trip...the end!

No comments:

Search This Blog