Friday, December 04, 2009

a met with her

Often, it plays in my mind before I make a move to do something.
It's like a video play in mind, rehearsing what should I do next.

Last Sunday, I attended my colleague's wedding dinner. Really happy to see people getting married especially he/she is someone you know.

The elderly people will then ask, "When is your turn?" I always give the same excuse, "Wait, I still have 3 sisters before my turn." Then it ended there. They actually are more concern than I do. Are my parents thinking the same thing?

Someone, not in my expectation appeared in the dinner after she has been away for so long. She still remember I studied in UTAR (just that now I graduated). A pretty young mother who used to work in my dad's company, she was away for months due to her mother's health. I was surprised to see her, despite her own health (she's having sore throat, from how her voice sounded to me), she gave face to our dear colleague, who share her happiness with us, and came to the wedding dinner. She was a gem in my dad's company for she helps a lot in the company's earnings. Therefore, my dad was reluctant to let her go. She is really hardworking to earn penny for her family as now she is the Yoga Guru near her housing area, after she left my dad's company for months. People said she's getting thinner.

I wasn't really close to her, but I know a bit of her story, because I wasn't really a busy-body type of person, or rather I don't really care of people's life. Some people will find that I'm a 'cool' person or more negatively, arrogant. That's because I'm quiet, don't voice out if I'm not asked to.

Anyway, it was really good to meet her in such occasion, I managed to hear from her, got updated of what's she doing, the basic conversation. She explained very well, that's why and how she became one of my dad's top sales manager last year.

I only met her like once or twice when she's still in my dad's company, and when I saw her last Sunday, I was stunned, I admiring her looks and appearance. She was positive in her situation and she told us her mom is getting better. People were curious whether she will come back to work in my dad's company, including my dad himself. I guess it's no at the moment, she is neither satisfy or not-satisfy with her current lifestyle - life must go on anyhow. She is really a tough mother, going through all the tough times. I just pray and hope she continue to be strong and have hope in her life. In the end of the conversation I hugged her (I knew it's not myself only, God's love filled through at the moment), and we (including dad and his sales team) took photo together before we depart separate ways.

I really like the feeling of hugging, felt so loved. I guess she loved to be embraced as well. It's so natural. :) She hugged other girl's ex-colleague as well.

2 comments:

Kath said...

Hahahah. At least you have three sisters before you so you can give that reason. I don't have...! LOL

Lai Tee @ Grace said...

but you have three sisters after you...same reason?

Search This Blog