Monday, December 14, 2009

First encounter with Singapore

Singapore view from our hotel room


This year is my first encounter with Singapore, since I missed twice, the pass two years.

I went for Singapore Standard Chartered International Marathon, but I joined the 10 km run to conserve some energy for shopping walk after the run.

Overall it was fun and exciting trip to Singapore because it's my first time going out from Malaysia by bus.

We took the First Coach bus from One Utama station, the place where my sister is working
(note: Kath, you should know where).

Here is the mini TV in front of each seat with the remote player on the place where y0u put your arm.

I enjoyed watching Miss Congeniality I and II, also The Devil Named Prada throughout the journey to Singapore. Can you imagine how many hours I spent in the bus?

We stopped at the Nevana, had our late lunch at the shopping mall. Then we took MRT to City Hall, where our Peninsula Hotel is. In Singapore, people mostly take MRT or walk as transportation, and that was how we travel there. Their ticket include one Singapore dollar as deposit (refundable after you reached your destination), so when the total price from one place to another is S$ 2.20, it includes the deposit, so it actually costs S$ 1.20.

Due to time factor, I only managed to visit Marina Square (where we had our dinner) and some shopping malls near by the place before the run and Bugis after the run. It's good enough because I can't walk much after the run. Almost ever mall that we visited were filled with Christmas trees - holiday mood arrived. Singaporean will walk everywhere with their after exercise attires, some were really just finished their practice in sports while others were just ala mode - following the trend. Seldom see girls wearing shorts or pants there, mostly wear dresses or skirts, especially when they walked in couples.

Photos taken while waiting for check-in.

Christmas tree in the lobby (sixth floor)

Drink place

Place to sit, we stood

Here I flood you with some of the photos we took in the malls.

This is taken especially for Kath

Huge wheel

in Marina Square
Where we had our dinner
Hawaiian pork chop
Spicy Macaroni with pork

Pork rib

Santa Clause


This was what we had in Singapore after the run


Posing with the McD set

White Christmas tree in Bugis
Tallest Christmas tree in Bugis

After the run





3 comments:

Jon said...

che-wah~ siap siap dengan thumbs up pose lagi

Kath said...

Wah... go all the way to singapore to eat Mcd's?? Haha. Yup yup, I know where her office is. Haha. Didn't know that coach buses were now installed with tvs!!! Oh ya, it was nice of you to remember me by posing with the cat. Haha. I like it.

Lai Tee @ Grace said...

Jon, of course must thumbs up, all the way to S'pore.

Kath, pose with cat for u & meow...haha, I'm waiting for your blog about Brisbane, Aus.

Search This Blog